Here are some quick tips to help you if you are determined to cut some calories in your weight-loss plans.
- Put the fork down between bites. It slows down your eating speed so that your tummy gets a chance to register that it is full.
- Have a glass of water before you eat too, helps fill your stomach up.
- Turn off the tv. People don’t tend to pay attention to their eating habits whilst the television is on. They also tend to eat more.
- At work/or out and about – plan your meals and snacks.
- Don’t eat at a desk or standing up!
- Don’t do shopping on an empty stomach.
- Make a healthy list
- Or shop online.
- Try and plan in advance whats on a restaurant menu and stick to your choice.
- Picture yourself eating.
- Get a doggy bag if you don’t want to eat it all at once.
- Keep a food diary.
- Focus on the short term benefits (your health).
- Have an occasional treat.